At The Lion and the Mouse:
- We see children as co-creators of the world around them and their understanding of it, knowing that they are the driving force behind own development.
- We believe that providing space for a child’s imagination to flourish is paramount to their education
- We use the rhythm of the day to create a natural structure that gives children the freedom to explore their imaginations, intellects, and emotions in a safe space.
- We encourage learning beyond our four walls, taking children outside to experience and engage with the natural world and the community first hand whenever possible.
- We are inspired by the Forest School Movement and Playwork Principles, valuing the process of exploration and expression over predetermined lesson plans.